Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, April 02, 2007

And Crochet Too!


I learned to crochet a long time ago but usually just use it for borders, edgings and trims. But something about this sweater in the Free Friday Patterns email from Berroco just struck me and I had to make it from some stash Patons Merino. I had forgotten how fast crochet can be. It only took me a week to make this. The pattern showed a flowery belt and I thought it would be too much so I just used a hair clip to close it, but I see it looks a little bulky around the waist. So I will crochet the belt as soon as I get a chance.
A while ago while browsing the web I saw that a company called Knit Happens was having a great sale so I ordered a lot of yarn, mostly for making gifts. I am still waiting for it to arrive and then I will start my new April sock pattern from the Six Sock Knitalong (which are Harry Potter socks called Horcrux and look fantastic) and a whole bunch of baby patterns. Also, it is time for the 4th International Scarf Exchange and I ordered yarn for that too. I will certainly be busy soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home