Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Happy New Year


I finally finished my husband's vest. It took about two months, longer than I usually take for a whole sweater. Maybe it was because there were so many cables and since they were six stitch cables I used a cable needle instead of trying to do without one. I used Filatura Lanarota wool that I bought in Rhinebeck the year before last. The pattern was from an Irish booth at Stitches East. This was a thank you gift because he took me to those and other knitting events. Luckily it came out at 22 inches long, a standard size, so I was able to buy a zipper and matching thread at the local sewing shop, the Rag Shop. Otherwise I would have had to scout around for a custom zipper.
I also took some time to complete the Sunflower Tam from Knitting Nature for me. I couldn't find the specified yarn so I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, 85 % wool and 15 % mohair, in Autumn Harvest. It was a quick and easy knit and I love it.
So many blogs have year end wrap ups and New Year resolutions but I am just not in the mood to go over all the projects I did last year or think too much ahead. Let's just say I made quite a few socks and finally learned grafting. I also completed my first successful lace shawl thanks to The Amazing Lace. I don't want to forget a great big thank you to Lolly for Project Spectrum which brightened my spring considerably. I do have a few knitting resolutions. One is to document all my new projects in 2007, either in this blog or a notebook. Another is to go through my stash and give away what I won't use and use up the rest. I would also like to try fair-isle knitting and make some of the gorgeous mittens I see on the web, starting with the ones in Knitty. Of course my usual resolution to lose ten pounds, the one I make every year, still stands. This has been an exciting year of knitting for me and I am looking forward to the next one.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Your hubby's vest turned out so beautiful! And, that hat is divine! I love it!! I may have to get Knitting Nature now!! Have a Happy New Year!

8:16 AM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments Kat. I am so glad that we got to know each other last year-surely something good for us both. Happy Birthday-and Happy New Year. Knitting Nature is my favorite book of 2006 and I would recommend it highly. Keep well.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home