Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Getting Socked Out


Usually I knit about one pair of socks every two months. It is slow and steady and gives me time to knit other things. However, in honor of Soctoberfest I am making two pair this month. I thought I would make three and really break my record, but I am having trouble completing two. The first pair went quickly. I enjoyed making Fluted Banister Socks by Laura Gallagher in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Vera. Now I am making Pembrokeshire Pathways Socks by Brenda Dayne of Cast-On fame in the Regia I bought in Princeton. I love the way this pattern looks and it is easy enough to knit. I think this yarn just doesn't go with this pattern. The yarn is too horizontal while the pattern is vertical. I know I am going to love these socks. They are a great color that will go with everything. But my fingers are itching for larger needles. I just have to push myself.
I also think I have become sidetracked by Rhinebeck. So many possibilities are there. I just can't wait. Last year was so much fun. I didn't buy much what but I did buy was wonderful. I did a lot of just wandering around. This year I have more of an agenda. First, I want to see what everyone raves about with Socks That Rock. Next, try a few spindles and wheels. Do I really want to go into spinning? I don't know. I'm hoping trying things out will help me decide. Next, check out all the yarns and patterns. I am looking for a simple cardigan pattern, maybe with a cable or two but not in endless stockinette. I haven't seen anything around that appealed to me. Maybe someone will have something interesting there. I also have to see and pet as many animals as possible just because it is so much fun. Oh, and I want to see as many bloggers as possible. I only have one day and may not get to all these things. I may get distracted by all that gorgeous yarn and never leave that section. We will soon see. Only two days to until I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home