Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, September 01, 2006

Where Did Summer Go?

It is Labor Day weekend. Wow this summer went quickly. I didn't do half of what I wanted to do. I finished Flower Basket Shawl after frogging it numerous times. I made a new pair of socks. Not too much else. Oh yes, and two sleeveless tanks that I may never wear. But now it is already feeling cooler and I am ready for fall knitting big time. I've already started the Turbulence U-Neck Pullover and have many projects planned, most of them from the book Knitting Nature.
Look at the new yarn I found in Michaels from Patons. I'm going to try a diagonal scarf with these. If I like the repeats, I may try a vest.
A big thanks to my August Project Spectrum Postcard Swap partner, Joanna, for this lovely card that she made herself.
Project Spectrum was one of the highlights of the last few months. It is not too often that I can create something myself. I don't feel that creative knitting because I am using someone else's pattern. But the postcards were all mine. Mostly I made collages from vacation pictures I had taken. It was so much fun finding the appropriate colors and tailoring them into something my partner would like. Everyone sent me beautiful and original cards. Thank goodness Lolly is going to have another one next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger snowdrop said...

I'm very glad you liked the postcard! If you emailed me, sorry... I'm having trouble accessing that address right now, don't know why... Which isn't fun... I'm looking forward to more Project Spectrum, too!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home