Kaleidoscoptic

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Vacation Week

I was on vacation last week and I had big plans. I was going to follow the trip to the Brandywine Country that Knitty D and the City described in their podcast. I was going to buy yarn and shoes. Well, I bought three pairs of shoes at the Dansko Outlet but never got to any yarn stores. I did go to the Herr potato chip factory where they gave us hot chips to eat and then visited the Brandywine Museum. Here is the beautiful river in back of the museum.

Then I spent the rest of the week cleaning my house and didn't get any big knitting done. However, I have become addicted to knitting the washcloths from Mason-Dixon Knitting, so I finished a few of those.
I started a new sweater from Knitting Nature, Turbulence U-Neck Pullover, but stopped at 4 inches. I got bored with all the stockinette needed until the cabled neckline. I'm using some Filatura Lanarota Chaco. It is worsted weight but I am using size 6 needles to get gauge. The fabric is a little firmer than usual.
Mostly I just thought about knitting. I bought the new Interweave Knits, but didn't fall in love with anything. I finally received the new Rowan magazine but really didn't like anything there. I mean the pictures were so small and dark you could hardly see what the sweaters looked like. I'm tired of knitting with cotton for sweaters, but it is really too hot to start with wool yet. So for now I am knitting washcloths. At least I'll have a few extra for gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home