Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Mistakes Or Chances To Learn?


This is the fifth time that I have started Icarus. I love the yarn, a souvenir from San Francisco. I love the pattern. I think I know what is wrong. First, I really, really have to pay attention. No TV or even exciting radio shows. Second, I have to be extremely careful if I have to tink, because dropped stitches can never be recovered. There is only a small error in this piece. It is right near the edge of the right side. I dropped a stitch and thought I had picked it up, but those yarnovers got me. No one would even notice. Lots of the things I make have small errors. But this one really bothers me. I don't want a beautiful shawl with a hole near the edge. I have been letting the whole thing sit for a few days. When I look at it I can barely see anything wrong, but it bothers me. So I am going to rip it-again. I may never have a completed shawl. But I don't want this one with an error.
On a happier note, here are two photos I took in the MOMA Sculpture Garden in NYC, one of my favorite places to go. They are in recognition of August, Project Spectrum neutrals month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home