Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Back from San Francisco

I had a wonderful weekend in San Francisco. The weather was nice and cool and my son's apartment was very comfortable. The restaurants were amazing. You can get any kind of food in the world there. We went to a San Francisco Opera concert in Dolores Park, the Matthew Barney exhibit at SFMOMA and saw the Al Gore movie An Inconvenient Truth. And we ate and ate. We were two of about 10,000 in the park.
I started Backyard Leaves by Annie Modesitt for my airplane knitting. It is my second partner for The Amazing Lace. I've done about 5 repeats already and it is going along well. Here it is at the concert.
I also had a little time to visit ImagiKnits. I always do when I am in the area. I bought some nice sock yarn with a little purple in the blend of colors and some really, really fine laceweight for the Icarus shawl. I'm a little intimidated by how fine it actually is. Now I have to find some size three needles.
Speaking of purple, the Project Spectrum color for July, these flowers were across the street from my son's apartment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I got my Icarus yarn too, and you're right--it IS intimidating! Good luck.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home