Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, June 19, 2006

Summer of Stockinette

I started Sitcom Chic and it seems to be taking forever. I keep knitting and purling and it just doesn't get any longer. At least it is blue for Project Spectrum. Speaking of which, here is my favorite blue photo, taken at Crater Lake in Oregon a few years ago.

This weekend I went to the Renegade Craft Fair in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. What fun! I didn't buy anything much but it was so great looking at all the creative and fun things others are making, and actually selling. There was some yarn there but small amounts and mostly novelty yarn. The most exciting part was watching a woman spin on an adorable wheel. She told me it was an unknown brand but resembled a Louet S17. I couldn't wait to look it up at home but, even though it is cheap for a wheel, it is still almost $300. I'm going to look for a used one.
After the Fair I went to a yarn store nearby that sold roving. I never use my drop spindle but I thought that if I had interesting roving it would inspire me. So I bought some. Next weekend is a Spin-Out in Central Park so maybe someone there will give me some tips on using it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home