Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, May 05, 2006

Springtime Knitting

I am determined to post at least once a week, so here goes. The weather has gotten warm and I have gotten lazy. I spent all weekend walking around NYC and enjoying the temperature, not knitting. By the way, I saw the movie Water in the city. It was a beautiful movie, even if it was very upsetting. It is awful that women are treated so badly in so many cultures.
Anyway, I got the book Modular Knits by Iris Schreier out of the library and joined the group on Yahoo. Some of the projects look awesome. I thought I would really start at the beginning and do each of the exercises she recommends in the book but instead I needed some on-the-bus simple knitting for the bus trip to the city so I jumped right in and started a tie. It is really cute and really simple and perfect for the bus because it is so small. I'll put up a picture soon. And best of all I used some stash, some left-over purple sock yarn. I just wonder if anyone I know will wear a knitted purple tie. This may make a great Christmas present so I may be giving it to my boss in December. Using stash and starting presents early-I really am good.
I'm searching around for a more complex project though. There is a really nice shawl in the book. This weekend Silk City in Paterson, NJ has their monthly sale. I'm going to look for some silk for another tie and more silk for something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home