Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sounds Right to Me

Despite a potentially vast audience in cyberspace, the Pew project found that 52 percent of bloggers said they blogged mostly for themselves. When asked for a major reason for blogging, 52 percent said it was to express themselves creatively and 50 percent said it was to document and share personal experiences.

This was in the New York Times today. Although I usually visualize an imaginary audience when I am writing, it is only me. I blog to join the group of knitting bloggers and to document what I am doing in knitting and, sometimes, in my life. But I do it for me. Sometimes I look at the comment numbers and sigh. Who do I expect to see this anyway? So I document, but don't expect to share it. But if anyone does want to read this, you are very, very welcome.

It was a very hot week here so it was hard doing too much knitting-or anything else. I've been working on the P90 tank and finally finished the front. Also, I did my first Mason Dixon Knitting washcloth. I wanted to use short needles so I used size 8's and the washcloth is a little loose. I have to get 7's. Isn't it cute though?
I'm planning to take the bus into NY Saturday so I'll have some knitting time. I may start my third The Amazing Lace partner-Icarus. I want to see the Dada show at MOMA and the new movie Heading South. I did send my Project Spectrum Swap partner her purple package this week. I also joined a Flip Flop Swap and sent that package off too.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

You have had a busy week. :-) I enjoy reading your blog. How can I catch the lace bug, do you think? I have avoided it thus far - sometimes I just like to knit for the act of knitting, I don't want to be counting and reading a pattern. I am excited for the package - and I have yours almost done!!!! Have a happy day!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! and congratulations on starting your own...you really do meet the best people through this lil ole blogosphere.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home