Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, August 07, 2006

A New Project


This beautiful purple package came from my July Project Spectrum pal, Coleen. She actually made the stitch markers and earrings herself. What talent! Notice my name on one of them and knit and purl on others. I love it all.
I started the new SSS socks from the Six Sock Knitalong. It was posted August 1 and I couldn't wait. I just felt like making socks, maybe because it is so hot here (and Icarus is just not working.) The pattern is supposed to look like the scales of a snake. I did a picot edging for the first time. It took a few tries to pick up the stitches and knit the edging down but when I finally got it I loved it. The beautiful yarn is from Kat, my Flip Flop Swap pal. It looks great in this pattern. The socks are coming along on my 2 circular addi needles. I only wish they had sharper points.

1 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

That yarn is knitting up beautifully! I love it! I will be excited to see the finished socks! :-)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home