Kaleidoscoptic

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Finished Socks


I finished these socks in record time. Mine was the third completed pair posted in the Six-Sock Knitalong. The pattern is supposed to look like snake scales. I was sure I wouldn't have enough yarn for the second sock so I wanted to finish them up before an ebay sale of the same color. But I had more than enough. I am very impressed with this Lana Grossa yarn. Thanks once again to my Flip Flop Swap Pal Kat for this great yarn. And thanks to the Six-Sock Knitalong for a great pattern. This is the first time I tried a picot edge and a gathered bind off for the toe.
I've put Icarus away for a while so now I need to find a new project. I'm swatching for the Diamond Blossom Scarf from Modular Knits. That should be nice and cool for now. It is still too hot to start all the heavy wool sweaters I want to make.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Oh My Gosh - those socks are GORGEOUS! Standing and cheering here in Holland, Michigan for those beautiful socks! ;-) I better get knitting some warshrags!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Coleen said...

Great socks! the colors and the texture really work well together.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home