Kaleidoscoptic

Sunday, October 01, 2006

October Projects


It is October and time for Socktoberfest. I have a few things I should try. I've never done toe up socks and, I hate to admit, I've never grafted toes. I always knit top down and either a three-needle bind off or a gathered toe. But I love doing socks that way so I don't know if I will push myself to try anything new. I did buy some really nice new yarn at The Point in New York yesterday, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in Vera. I have no LYS so it is hard to get better yarns and it takes a major trip to get some. I'm planning on casting on tonight for either the Fluted Banister Socks by Laura Gallagher or RPM from Knitty by Aija Goto. I want to make both this month.

I have become hooked on Knitty's Fetching. I'm doing my third pair now.They will be great with a scarf or hat for holiday gifts. I've joined the Lonesome Skein KAL so I will be using up a few loose or extra skeins in my stash. Fetching is perfect for that.
I also want to make another sweater from Knitting Nature this month. I'm not sure which one yet.
October is a great month for knitting and I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home