Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, September 08, 2006

It's My Birthday!


Hard as it is to believe, where I work they don't celebrate birthdays. Other departments do, but mine is run by a, well I just can't say in public, person who doesn't allow celebrations. So in defiance I brought in my own cake and asked all my friends to stop in. They did, making the day so much nicer. Next year I really must take the day off.
I have finally finished all the pieces on my Turbulence U-Neck Pullover. Usually I don't block sweaters until they are assembled, but I really like this sweater and the edges are so curled it will be hard to sew it neatly. A friend mentioned an idea for blocking and I am trying it. I pinned the pieces out on a damp towel and laid anther damp towel on top. I'll let them dry and see how it looks. The only problem is that just the front and back fit on the towels so I will have to do the sleeves after those pieces are dry. Hopefully, I will finish this by next week.
I joined the International Scarf Exchange and got my partner. I don't want to say too much in case she sees this blog but, for the first time, I am trying out my own design. What easier to design than a scarf, right? I'm using a Barbara Walker pattern and a beautiful edging I found on the web. I did a few swatches and then began. I've finished about 9 inches. One person at work said it was gorgeous and I hope my swap pal says so too.

2 Comments:

Blogger snowdrop said...

Turns out I was able to leave a comment! Anyway, sweater looks great! Happy Birthday!

12:24 AM  
Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Sorry I missed it - the cake looked great! :-)

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home