Kaleidoscoptic

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Every stash tells a story!


Here is my sock stash and here are some more of Lolly's Socktoberfest questions.
Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?
I totally buy yarn and then plan patterns. Now that I think about it, except for the times I see a pattern and then search for the perfect yarn for it. When a new sock comes along in the Six Sock Knitalong I first check my stash but then I usually buy a new yarn. If I am in a yarn store I always check out the sock yarn, usually see something to buy and then go looking for patterns. So I guess the answer is yes to both questions.
Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)
Most sock yarn I buy to use right away. Sometimes something is on sale and I buy it because it is a good buy. Not too often, I am on vacation or in another town, visit a LYS and see something that appeals to me. Usually, this yarn stays in my stash, forever waiting for a perfect pattern and it always makes me remember the place where I got it. Some yarn I receive in exchanges. I always think of the generosity and thoughtfulness of my swap pal when I use this yarn.

2 Comments:

Blogger KnitPastis said...

Hey girl! I started off buying yarn for a planned project then that went right out the door once I discovered YARN SHOPS. I am trying to use up my stash that I have now and see all the neat things I can come up with out of it. My goal then would be only to buy yarn for a specific project. That would be awesome. Love your yarn selection!

5:42 PM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

Your yarns are at the top of my stash. Something special for those babies.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home