Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Baltimore


Yet another yarn expedition took place last weekend when I traveled to Baltimore for Stitches East. Five hours driving each way and I was able to complete half of a Jaywalker. Why is that sock pattern so much slower than any other one I’ve done? I’m making the smaller size using size 2 circular needles so there aren’t that many stitches. Anyway, by sheer luck we picked a lovely hotel right across the street from the Baltimore Convention Center.
I have to say it was a lot of fun. We were the first ones in the market on Saturday and stayed most of the day. I didn’t do much shopping but I talked to everyone and I learned a lot. The Knitting Doctor showed me how to kitchener and I think I am ready to try it now, maybe on these Jaywalker socks. We saw the fashion show. I made my husband take a knitting lesson. He wasn’t too happy about it but he won the raffle for the new XRX book The Knitter's Handbook. We talked to everyone and even saw some people from Rhinebeck. I met a few knitting stars and was especially happy to talk with Norah Gaughan. I bought some sock yarn but passed up a few things I feel badly about now. I did get a few patterns though. I mostly got a lot of inspiration from booth displays and the beautiful hand knits many were wearing. So it was worth the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home