Kaleidoscoptic

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rhinebeck

Saturday I went to Rhinebeck. Yeah! I woke my husband up at 6:00am and we left by 7:00. We got in slightly early. The Festival wasn’t even open yet and you should have seen the lines at The Fold. My husband waited on line while I made my selections. I got the one thing I came for, Socks That Rock. As a matter of fact, I bought two skeins, Dreidel and Watermelon Tourmaline.
After that, we kind of wandered around trying to avoid the crowds. I’m so sorry I didn’t buy anything else. I didn’t need anything, but the fiber was just so luscious. I saw a few Rhinebeck Bingo players but none that I recognized. It was just as well that I wasn’t a player. I had enough to concentrate on. We spoke to a lot of spinning wheel dealers but I’m not sure I am ready for a wheel. It was just so nice there. The animals were so cute.

I watched the sheep shearing twice.


We had a nice lunch and wandered some more. It kept getting more and more crowded. So we gave up and went home. I was disappointed that I didn’t buy more, so today I ordered some Knitpicks needles to make Jaywalkers with my new Dreidel sock yarn and a few yarn books from Amazon. I’ve wanted Wrap Style for a while and decided to also get Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I also ordered Spinning the Old Way to see if I could master the spindle I bought last year that I never used. I’m going to Stitches East so I guess I still may have the opportunity to acquire more stash. Right now, I can’t even decide what to make next so I certainly don’t need anything. But more is always better. Right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandi Purl said...

more is better, yes! on second thought,,,well, i gues that all depends....but if yer takin' yarn and sheep, bring it on!! so glad i get to live vicariously through you -- oh how i wanted to go to rhinebeck! great pix!

10:49 AM  
Blogger AsKatKnits said...

I am in awe that your husband went with you to Rhinebeck! He gets the "Man of the Year" award in my book!

9:06 AM  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

Great yarns! I am knitting a pair of socks right now in the Socks That Rock Watermelon Tournmaline.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home