Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Weekend

Saturday I went to yet another yarn sale, this time at Smiley’s in Queens, N.Y. Since I am always early I went into the McDonalds across the street for some free coffee (it was free coffee week) and saw a little girl playing with a Happy Meal figure at the next table. Then I noticed a poster with a picture on it. The figure was wearing a sweater. It was an adorable ribbed sweater in turquoise blue with an I-cord through the neck and waist. I had to have one. As soon as I got home I went to my local McDonalds and got a Happy Meal. I gave my husband the hamburger and apple juice and I ate the apple slices (at least it was somewhat healthy) and I got a figure too. It is from some new movie, Flushed Away. I’ll never see it and I don’t know who the characters are but that sweater on the girl animal figure is really cute.
Last week I joined A Wearable Meathead Hat Knitalong. I couldn’t get the required yarn right away so I picked up some Paton’s UpCountry on the weekend and dashed this off. It only took about three hours so it was a fast, easy and fun knit. The point was to add original decoration on the left side. I don’t know if my decoration is so unusual but I think it looks cool.
By the way, Saturday was the last day of the sale at Smiley’s and there wasn’t much left. Nothing appealed to me and it was just as well. My stash has been growing too much lately as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home