Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, January 22, 2007

Lots of Stitches


The past week I’ve been working a lot on my Reverse Chevron Scarf and Ariann. The deal with the scarf is that you work until it is almost finished and you post a picture on the Yahoo Multidirectional site and then they email you the ending. It is now almost finished because I only have two skeins of Paton’s Classic Wool in Wedgwood and I am almost out. So I posted and received the ending. It seems a little confusing but I will figure it out and then have an FO. It is really an interesting pattern. See the pattern the yarn makes. One chevron goes up and one goes down. I also love the incorporated side edging.

The body of Ariann is finished and I have started the sleeves. This is the first time I have done a sleeve lace pattern including increases in the round on four double-pointed needles. It is a little confusing and I have already made one mistake but ripping back in lace is a nightmare for me. I don’t think it will be too noticeable. I have to concentrate on it so I am saving this to work on at home.
I need a need a new simple carry-along project and I have been eyeing the EZ patterns in The Opinionated Knitter for a while now. I may start the Baby Surprise sweater next. I am going to need a few baby gifts for friend’s daughters soon anyway. In a week and a half I get the new Six Sock Knitalong pattern so I may wait for that. I can also start a simple in-the-round sweater. Or another scarf. I love making scarves. It is a hard decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy R. said...

I just joined the multidirectional knitting yahoo group and the reverse chevron scarf pattern is gone. Would you be willing to email me the pattern and the ending? Your scarf is beautiful, by the way.

Thank you, and Happy Knitting!

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home