Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, January 05, 2007

Starting A New Year

Happy New Year to everyone. I have two knitting calendars this year. I bought the Stitch and Bitch calendar and my sister gave me the 2007 Knitting Pattern-a-Day as a gift. I am looking forward to an exciting year of knitting and want to try to learn some new techniques. Look what I got from my library. They did an inter-library loan for me. One thing I want to try is the Baby Surprise sweater and now I can. I’m afraid to use wool for a baby so I just have to get some cotton yarn.
After knitting so many gifts and small items like hats and scarves, I decided to start a sweater for me. See this? It is already gone. I bought the current issue of Knitters magazine especially for the nice and simple ribbed sweater and this was stash yarn but I thought it would be too clingy. Not flattering for someone who is battling a holiday weight gain. So it is frogged and the yarn is back in the closet.
I made a pair of Fetching for my niece and my sister asked for a pair so I made them in her favorite color. I guess this is my first finished object in 2007. I also finished my Chain Link Socks, a pattern from the Six Sock Knitalong.
I seem to always have to be knitting something so now I am using some variegated merino wool yarn from Patons for the Reverse Chevrons Scarf from Iris Schrier. Sometimes her directions are a little complicated but this seems to be zipping along and is a lot of fun to make.
I have joined Project Spectrum 2007 and am looking forward to some great projects in the coming months. This time there are two months and more than one color so maybe I can finish something. One month was fun but just not enough time. February/March colors are blue, white and grey. Since I am determined to use up some stash, I have found some grey wool yarn and am planning to make something interesting with it. My favorite part of Project Spectrum was the postcard exchange. Lolly hasn’t mentioned it but I hope she will have it again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh! I really like those socks!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home