Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Pictures At Last


Here are pictures of completed items. Yes, they are all green. Green really is my favorite color. The sweater is Ariann and I love it. The hat is the Sunflower Tam from Knitting Nature. I finished one in orange but love green more. I used Lopi as the pattern specifies and it is a little big but very comfortable.

Here is the new sweater I am working on, the Rams Horn Jacket from Knitting Nature. I know it looks green too, but it really is a tweed of blue and white (for Project Spectrum) combined with green and yellow. I’ve completed the back and am doing the two fronts together. The pattern calls for knitting the button bands last and sewing them on but I am attaching them to the fronts and they seem to look all right. I found the yarn in my stash, Plymouth Encore Colorspun Knitting Worsted Weight. It is 75% acrylic and 25% wool but it feels soft and is machine washable and I am using some very old stash.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Awesome knitting! They all look beautiful. I love the sweater and the tam - hmmm, maybe I will have to look at Knitting Nature - that might be the book to put on my "mother's day" list!!

7:33 AM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

It is my absolute favorite book. The designs are all unusual and beautiful. And as soon as I figure out the collar of the Jacket I am making I will be able to say the directions are all very clear.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home