Kaleidoscoptic

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Missing Something


I finished the Ram's Horn Jacket this weekend while being snowed in by a disgusting snow and ice storm. The only thing is, it is missing the ram's horn. I made it but it just didn't look right. First I started it over about eight times. Then I finally just knit it through. It just looked strange and didn't even fit the neckline. So I made a different collar. I took one from a Berocco pattern. I just picked up the stitches and knit a twisted rib for 10 inches. The jacket is a little big but very comfy and I am happy with it. I used some stash yarn, Plymouth Encore Colorspun. It looks green but is really made with strands of blue, white, yellow and green yarn.
I finally sewed the buttons on my first Baby Surprise sweater so I can post a picture. What can I say; I already have another one on the needles.

My son moved into an apartment in Brooklyn, NY and is near a wonderful lys, Brooklyn General. I walked over last week and was overcome by the selection and ambience in the place. I may even take some spindle spinning lessons there. They had the latest Rowan magazine that I wanted to buy and I couldn't resist this yarn. It has over 200 yards but I don't really think it is enough for a scarf. I may make some mittens or maybe go back to the store for another skein.

Here is a great Project Spectrum photo I took from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade of my favorite city, New York.

2 Comments:

Blogger Coleen said...

That sweater is gorgeous, even without the horn!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Your sweater is really great. I think the collar works beautifully.

Love the photo of New York. Very pretty.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home