Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day

Today was the first snow day I can remember having in ages. We got eight inches of snow and ice. So I spent the day knitting. I started Mr. Greensleeves from Knitty and then worked on the Secret Stole. Clue 5 is pictured here. I am working on clue 6 now. Only three more clues to go.
Last weekend I finished a Purl Beret for Project Spectrum. I thought it would take a lot longer to knit but I finished it in about two days. I didn’t have enough of the hand-dyed yarn and didn’t know if the red merino would coordinate with it. I am very pleased. It is soft and comfortable and the colors blend well.
I also finished this vest from a Berroco pattern called Badia. I would have liked it a little longer and I think the armholes are a little short because the ribbing doesn't lie flat but I like the front detail and I've already worn it a few times. It was a fast knit too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home