Kaleidoscoptic

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Winter Vacation Socks


Here are some socks I recently finished. I used stash medium weight Socks That Rock in Henpecked and Watermelon Tourmaline. I found a lovely pattern on the web by Debra Chinn from earth faire for one pair and I used Ann Budd's Flame Wave pattern from Favorite Socks for the other. They are nice and soft and squishy. I have one more skein of this yarn in Dreydl and I am using it now. I’ve started keeping sock knitting handy for bus or car riding and since I have been going into the city a lot lately it was easy to finish these quickly. I originally bought this yarn for a Chevron Scarf but the colors didn’t work together. I love them as socks.
I’ve also started the Back-To-School U-Neck Vest from Fitted Knits. I’m using Paton’s Classic Wool that I bought for this project. I don’t like clingy things so I am revising the pattern slightly, making the biggest size on the bottom and eliminating the darts. We will see how it comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home