Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Today is my first day back to work in eleven days. I’ve had a terrific vacation doing local things. I thought I’d get a lot of knitting done, but I didn’t. Not much knitting excitement happened at all. I knit parts of two different sweaters using Classic Elite Skye Tweed and frogged them both. The yarn is so rough that they just didn’t look right. I bought it for a second Cobblestone Pullover but the first one took so long I have been trying to find something else to use it for. I guess it will just have to stay in my stash for a while longer. I completed two pairs of socks and I’ll try to take a picture soon. However, I saw four movies, three shows, one museum and a ton of stores. It was a really nice vacation.

My favorite movie was Juno. My favorite show was Rock and Roll, but I also liked November with Nathan Lane. In Rock and Roll I sat in the first row and got to see Rufus Seawall up close for three hours. He was great and the play was really interesting. The museum was the New Museum, which has only been open for about two weeks in Manhattan. The show was weird and some of the pieces looked just like my assignments as an art major in college but the building was impressive. The outside is terrific but my husband could not get over the fact that the floors are all cracking. At the end of my time off I started the Back-to-School U-Neck Vest from Fitted Knits in Patons Classic Wool. I’ve had the yarn for months but I didn’t know if I wanted something that clingy. I’m making a larger size in the ribbed part and I‘m going to try to eliminate the darts and I think it will fit me better. Unfortunately, there is probably no way to know until I try it on. I don’t feel like putting all those stitches on a string and then transferring them back to the needle so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Happy and healthy New Year to everyone. I know I don’t update it that often, but I love keeping this blog. I’ve only decided to make one resolution this year and that is to not be pressured into doing anything I don’t want to do. I am tired of worrying about pleasing everyone no matter how I feel. I kept this resolution by not going out on New Year’s Eve. Every year I go to some local restaurant, where there is nothing for a vegetarian like me to eat, because my friends choose it and we all then go to someone’s house and stay up too late so I am tired the whole next day. This year I went out for lunch with my husband, called everyone to wish them well and went to sleep early. Then on New Year’s Day I went to brunch at a restaurant I love and saw an interesting movie. I hate to say no to people so this is a hard resolution to keep but I am really going to think about it and try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home