Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, October 01, 2007

Saturday Spinning




What a beautiful day it was on Saturday. I started at the Rembrandt exhibit in the MET and then I spent part of it at Spin Out 2007 in Central Park. The weather was perfect, Cherry Hill Fountain was beautiful and the people, well they were just the best. I had bought a spindle at Rhinebeck two years ago and never learned to use it and I decided that this was my opportunity. Michelle from Jersey City deserves a medal. She was unstinting in her time and effort to teach me the basics. She even gave me a CD spindle. After she showed me several drafting options, I took a seat and practiced for two hours and I’ve been continuing to practice and love it. When that twist travels up, it is magic. Then Karen let me try her wheel. I was so nervous I broke the yarn immediately and then tangled everything up. She was so sweet and didn’t seem to get upset at all when I over spun her beautiful yarn. I don’t quite think I’m ready for a wheel yet, but we will see what happens at Rhinebeck. Meanwhile, I love my spindle.

On Sunday I went to my best friend’s birthday party at fantastic restaurant in Congers, NY and finally was able to give her the scar I made for her. She loved it.

2 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

See how easily it starts???? I predict a wheel by Rhinebeck!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

I'm afraid you may be right!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home