Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, September 10, 2007

Just Knitting On


I don’t seem to be finishing much lately. First, I frogged the Chevron Scarf for my friend’s birthday because it was rolling in at the sides too much. Instead I started this diagonal knit scarf. The idea came from the back section in the book Scarf Style and I’m pretty happy with it. If I think about all the gifts I have to knit I get nervous. And yet I just sent my name to join International Scarf Exchange 5.
I have also been knitting the Tilted Duster and somehow every time I work on it my left wrist hurts. Maybe I am just pulling the yarn too tightly. I finished and sewed the fronts and back and, instead of starting the sleeves, because I am a very impatient person I went ahead started the skirt. Sewing was hard because if you tug on the yarn it just splits apart. I love the way it looks so far but I already made one mistake in a tilted section. There was a hole on a M1. Knitting back with over 200 stitches wasn’t going to work so I tried to drop it down and fix it that way. The hole is gone but it is certainly not perfect.
My son chose this color for the Cobblestone Pullover and I am going to start that next but I don’t want too many UFO’s around so I have to finish something first, probably the scarf. So many projects, so little time!

2 Comments:

Blogger bj the knit newbie said...

Hi Lady,

I saw your name on ISE5 and thought I would come say hello to the bestest spoiler from ISE4.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

I have skye tweed and have been tackling the cobblestone sweater, onto the second sleeve. It is a quick and easy knit.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home