Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, June 22, 2007

Knitting and Summer Events



Saturday I went to the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn. My husband and I didn’t get there until pretty late and the weather started to get threatening so we walked up and down aisles really quickly and tried to take everything in. It was very crowded and seemed more commercial this year. The jewelry was very polished and expensive. There were lots of tee shirts and note cards and a few big companies like Adorn magazine and Etsy. I only saw one place selling yarn. There were a few felted items but nothing special. Maybe we just rushed too much. I liked the location, at the bottom of a former pool. All that peeling paint seemed kind of decadent. We heard thunder and didn’t stay.
By the way, I finished the Boteh Scarf from Interweave Crochet a while ago. It went so quickly and blocking really finished it. I love it.
I joined something else, right after I said I wouldn’t. The Mystery Stole 3 KAL sounded just too intriguing. Last year I bought some Misti Alpaca Lace, I don’t remember why. But I’m going to try to use it for this. Every week we get a new clue and end up with a beautiful stole. How can anyone resist? Here is the swatch we were directed to make. We are also going to use beads, first time for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home