Kaleidoscoptic

Friday, May 18, 2007

Shenandoah National Park

My husband and I just got home from a long weekend vacation in Shenandoah National Park. It was Wildflower Weekend and we went on a beautiful Ranger led wildflower walk. We also did a few easy hikes. We stayed at the lodge at Big Meadow-a little rustic but very authentic. The food was great and the weather was perfect. I brought my sock but it was just too complicated. I needed something mindless for the long drive down and sitting in front of the fire in the great room at the lodge. I started the Cropped Raglan Sweater from Lion Yarn using the new Cotton Ease in taupe. I got a good bit done and it was a perfect project-simple stockinette. We had a terrace and it was great sitting outside and knitting. At dusk lots of deer came to graze right in front of our room. Now I have to force myself to finish the socks for my swap pal. I joined the Knitters Tea Swap and got my pal. Her preferences are a lot like mine so I should have no trouble finding some things she will like. This was one of my favorite swaps last year and I’m so glad I can do it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Looks like you had a great trip!

Welcome back!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home