Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Inspired Summer Knitting

Here is my first Inspired by Nature FO. Although I started these socks before I joined the KAL, I think they really reflect the colors of spring flowers. I was lucky to find this yarn on a trip to San Francisco last summer to visit my son and all I time I worked with it I was reminded of these colorful flowers along the walkway to my house.


Last weekend I bought a skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk at Windsor Buttons in Boston. I love to buy yarn as a souvenir. I'm thinking of making Montego Bay Scarf by Amy Singer from the new Interweave Knits and I want to use it for the KAL so I looked through some photographs and found these luscious summer fruits. I think it qualifies.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

oh my word, that is spectacular!!!!!!!! I want I want!

3:36 PM  
Blogger knittercritter said...

Way cool! I have in mind what I want to do but am having trouble getting photos or other visuals for it. What sock yarn was that (sorry, I haven't had time to look back through your blog)?

6:45 PM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

The sock yarn is Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multieffek that I bought in Imagiknits in San Francisco. I am constantly taking photos so I have my own collection.

9:59 PM  
Blogger jacquieblackman said...

I think you found the perfect inspiration... beautiful!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Devonshire said...

That handmadin silk is lovely! What do you think of Windsor Buttons? They have a pretty good selection, but they people aren't always friendly. What was your experience?

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home