Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Monkey Off My Back


I finished the Sockapalooza sock! I made Monkey from Knitty in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the colorway Mother Lode. The yarn was soft and wonderful to work with and the colors worked out beautifully. The pattern was interesting-not too easy yet not too confusing. I can't wait to mail them and see my partner's reaction. Now I am going to make a pair for me.
By the way, I saw on someone's blog a pair of sock blockers that they had made from a plastic place mat. I wish I could remember whose it was so I could thank them. I traced a comfortable sock onto paper, transfered it to the mat and cut out the shape twice. It worked great and the socks look so much better blocked.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen S, Lykkefanten said...

Very very very pretty!! Your pal is lucky!

2:25 PM  
Blogger jacquieblackman said...

Your Monkeys look fantastic! Your pal will be more than thrilled.

And I LOVE the idea of the homemade sock blocker. I am totally stealing that idea!

::runs to nearest $ store::

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Hipp said...

Your Monkey socks looks great! I used the Mother Lode color way for my Sockapalooza 3 pal last year and loved working with it. Thanks for the tip about placemat sock blockers!

11:14 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Motherlode is one of my most favorite LL colorways! Your pal will be ecstatic!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home