Kaleidoscoptic

Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Great Vacation


I’ve been on a lovely vacation trip to New Hampshire and Vermont but before I left I spent a whole day finishing Mystery Stole 3 and the first thing I did when we returned home was to block it. I had so much fun getting the clues and knitting them and really learned a lot about lace knitting. The theme is Swan Lake and I wasn't sure how it would look but now that it is finished I love it. I actually used fingering weight sock yarn because I had a lot of trouble with lace weight and I'm happy that it came out larger and drapes so well. Please excuse my attire but I couldn't wait to try it on.
After all that lace knitting I wanted to give my hands a rest so I crocheted there and back and managed to finish this baby blanket and bib for a gift.
We used Nashua as a base to visit Lowell, Massachusetts, Kittery and Wells Beach, Maine and Franconia Notch, New Hampshire. Then we went to Ludlow, Vermont and drove from there to see the local sights and had a Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream tour. What fun! On the way home we managed to stop at Webs where I must say I went a little crazy and bought enough yarn for at least four sweaters, two pairs of socks and a few scarves. Hopefully, you’ll see them in months to come but I am a little overwhelmed thinking about all that knitting. I just have to take one project at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger AsKatKnits said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully!! I love it!!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home