Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, December 10, 2007

Finishing Up

My gifts are finished and most have been delivered but I am still making mittens, scarves and hats. Am I now addicted to these small projects? At this point I can make a pair of plain mittens in two days, a hat in one day and a scarf in a week. I’ve been looking at books, magazines and the web and can’t find any sweater that appeals to me. I have a lot of yarn in my stash and that may be the problem. If I like a sweater I usually don’t have the right yarn and the sweaters for the yarn I have aren’t exciting me. I’m determined to use my stash so I’m going to have to force myself to pick one soon.

Meanwhile, this scarf is the first time I ever used Malabrigo and even though these are not my colors I just cannot give it up. When I bought this yarn at Brooklyn General someone there told me that they could not get enough of it. Now I understand. It is so soft and look how great the colors worked out. It didn’t pool; it kind of blended. So it will just have to be a present for me.

Here is my Mom enjoying her Nomad Hat.

My sister liked her shrug from a Rowan pattern.

My son is modeling his new Dashing wrist warmers and Karma Cap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home