Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Knitting Needle Knitting Bag


I wanted to make one of these for a holiday gift for a knitting friend but when the Reynolds Lite-Lopi I bought for a vest didn't work out, I doubled it and made one for myself. I had to test out the pattern, right? It is an Interweave Press knittingdaily pattern and is perfect. This was so much fun to make and fast too. I decided to line it so needles won't poke through and fell in love with this old fashioned print that I saw in a terrific fabric store in Brooklyn New York. I think I'll get a lot of use out of this bag.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the bag and the lining fabric is great! Will you share what length the Size 15 needles are that you used? I've been wanting to make this pattern but it doesn't say how long the needles are supposed to be that you incorporate into the handles! Best regards,

1:39 PM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

The needles are 14 inches long and are Clover Bamboo Premium. I got them at Michaels. I'm now making another bag as present. They are so much fun.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm finding it very hard to do the P3tog. I purchased the Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Chunky as I like trying a pattern in the exact yarn called for. It is very beautiful but there is no "give" to this yarn, so the P3tog is very difficult to do. I'm finding that on most of the P3tog that I have to use a small crochet hook to pull the yarn through. Did you have any trouble like that? I'm hoping I'm not so lame that I can't manage a stitch! I did about 6 rows last night and my hands hurt too bad to continue. I really love how it looks though. I will persevere! Thanks for your help, Deb

5:06 PM  
Blogger kaleidoscoptic said...

I would say to relax and make the stitches a little looser. I really didn't have trouble but I have done P3tog before. I used Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky and got gauge. Actually for the bag in the picture I just used some stash yarn doubled. I just finished another one for a gift. I find the hardest part is the lining because I have a really old sewing machine and I don't know how to adjust the tension. The bag is definitely worth making. Everyone loves it.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home