Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, October 08, 2007

Tilted Duster Finished


This is the first thing I finished from all the yarn I bought at Webs this summer and I love it. It is Tilted Duster from Interweave Knits Fall 2007. I changed the collar somewhat by omitting buttonholes and added a loop and button closing. I usually wear sweaters open anyway. The yarn is Berroco Peruvia in Marron and is very soft and warm. I can’t wait for some cool weather so I can wear it.

I’m now working on Cobblestone Pullover for my son from the same Interweave issue. Someone said it was a quick and easy knit but not for me. I’m using Classic Elite Skye Tweed and it is very rough and it catches on the needles, which makes for slow going. But I like the way it looks and I already told my son I was making it, so now I have to.
Artfibers is sending me some swatching samples to review. It will be my first blog review and I'm looking forward to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sunflowerfairy said...

Beautiful! This is the first one I've seen finished too. Good job!

12:37 PM  
Blogger knitabulous said...

How quick! I love this project from IK too. As a matter of fact, I love a lot of the projects you knit. We must have similar tastes.
Thank you for the e-card - I'm home from hospital and absolutely fine fine fine! I've never felt better in fact.

Your tea swap won't be affected one bit, thank you for being so gracious, and I hope you enjoy it.

Ailsa

8:45 PM  
Blogger Bets said...

That's a beauty, what a cozy looking sweater!

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home