Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Beginnings


Things are fine but busy here. I work at a university and the start of the term is always so hectic. I did manage to complete this Koolhaus hat though. I had wanted to make one before the holidays but just didn’t get to it. In Montclair one day I visited Modern Yarn and saw some lovely Malebrigo and couldn’t resist. The hat was a quick and fun knit but the constant cable crossing were a real pain. I love the results though.

I have been using up my Socks that Rock yarn in an effort at stash clearing and this is the last skein. It is a colorway called Dreidel so I was pleased to find a circular sock pattern called Roundabout Socks that reminds me of the turning of a dreidel. I like to have a pair of socks on the needles as car knitting so I’ll have to start a new pair soon. Luckily the Six Sock Knitalong pattern should be out on Friday.
I’ve been working on this Borroco vest pattern named Badia recently and am pleased at how it is coming out. I'm using some Chaco Worsted in a navy blue. I didn’t decrease at the waist and don’t think I will do the cable and lace pattern on the back. Otherwise I am following the pattern as written. I am also working on Secret of the Stole II. More about that next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home