Kaleidoscoptic

Monday, October 06, 2008

Fiber Festival Fun


Yesterday my husband and I drove down to the NJ Sheep and Fiber Festival in Ringoes. It was fun. Compared to Rhinebeck it was tiny but the people were friendly, the sheep were adorable, the dealers had beautiful yarn and I was able to take a spindle spinning class and the teacher, Gaye Lowe from North Country Spinners, was amazing. She had so much patience that I may have actually gotten the park and draft technique. Then we watched some amazing sheep dogs. I thought someone at the Festival would be able to show me how to work my new spinning wheel but there was no one. Yarn is not winding on the bobbin. Maybe someone at Rhinebeck will be able to show me what I am doing wrong.
On the way home we stopped at the outlets at Flemington and then at a Wegmans. We don’t have that supermarket where I live and we both loved it. I don’t think I will have to cook for a week. The take-out counter alone was worth the trip.

I finally finished Eastlake from Norah Gaughan vol. 3. I love it. I adjusted the neck to make it cleaner and, after all the seamless sweaters lately, the seams were a pain. But all in all it was a very satisfying knit. Look at that great front panel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home