Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Day Well Spent




Last Saturday I spent the day in Manhattan. My husband and I took a Circle Line tour to see Olafur Eliasson’s New York City Waterfalls in the East River. It was so much fun. We traveled around the whole island. It was great to see the waterfalls so close up. After a nice lunch we walked to the Museum of Modern Art to see the Home Delivery exhibit of pre-fabricated housing. My husband was excited to see pictures of Quonset Huts which he remembered in his neighborhood after WWII. In a parking lot some homes were erected and visitors could walk through them. In the museum they traced the history of pre-fabs and showed some that were actually built and some that were just imaginative designs. From there we took a slight detour on the way back to the bus station to M&J Trimming on Sixth Avenue. I was just not happy with the buttons on Loppem and was able to find some great new ones there. My husband picked these out, and then almost fainted at the price. I bought them anyway. Even though I am still not pleased with the buttonhole placement, I am happier now that I have buttons that blend so well with the sweater.
This week I finished another Bucket Hat, this one in Malabrigo’s Bobby Blue for my sister. I also finished Meida’s Socks from the book Favorite Socks that I have had for a while. The yarn is from Steinbach Wolle and is part cotton so they should be a little cooler to wear. I got it in Seaport Yarn and loved the colors. I also managed to sew up the Rowan sweater Quarry. It isn’t that flattering to wear but it was a quick knit with a fun construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home