Kaleidoscoptic

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spinning Wheel


Look what I got! I am so excited. I have been looking at spinning wheels for two years and trying them out whenever I could. This week I spoke to a friend and her friend got a new wheel and she asked me if I wanted the old one. Of course I said yes. It is an Ashford. I know nothing about wheels or spinning but have wanted to learn for so long. Now here is my chance. She also gave me a book but I think I’m going to try to look at some videos on line as soon as I can. There are two places in Brooklyn that I know give lessons. I don’t know any place near me in New Jersey. I’ll be calling Brooklyn soon.

I finished my first Norah Gaughan sweater, called Loppem, from her volume 3 from Berroco. There were a lot of errors in the pattern but I think it came out all right. I worked most things out but I didn’t think about the placement of the button holes while I was knitting and she had them outside the button band. I’ve been trying to reduce my stash so I used some Elizabeth Lavold Classic AL that I got last summer at Webs. It is half merino and half alpaca. I love green. I think I will get a lot of use out of this. There are some other very interesting sweaters in the book but I think now it is better to wait and see if any other corrections are posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home