Kaleidoscoptic

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Starts and Finishes


I’ve finished two pairs of socks. That’s why I love socks. They are so portable I have lots of opportunities to work on them so they get finished really quickly. I didn’t know these Handsome Devils Socks were in Greenbay Packers colors but they do look good. The Spring Forward socks are from Knitty. These were the fastest socks ever, only taking me one week to knit. Now I’ve really decided to get in gear and finish some holiday presents. I’ve had yarn and patterns waiting for me but kept procrastinating. So I started a Better Bucket hat in Bobby Blue for my sister and a Half-Pipe Hat in leftover Peruvia for my son. I just have to master the Tubular Cast-on and I’ve been practicing it.

I also started Loppem from the new Norah Gaughan, volume 3. I couldn’t wait to get this book with its lovely and unusual patterns so I ordered it directly from Berroco and got it in three days. However, this pattern had so many errors that I ripped it out and decided to wait. Nothing seems to be test knitted anymore. If the public has to test knit something, the pattern should be free. I don’t mind paying for a pattern but I expect it is be as error free as possible. Berroco still hasn’t posted all the corrections called for.
On another of my Friday trips to New York City I visited the Met and MOMA. I loved Jeff Koons Balloon Dog (Yellow) on the roof of the Met and this room called “I only see things when they move” in the exhibit of works by Olafur Eliasson at MOMA. That man on the floor was trying to figure out how it worked, as were most of us. I am so lucky to live so close to the city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home